OPDI Peer Support Core Essentials Training Program (October - December, 2022)
OPDI Peer Support Core Essentials™ Program involves 17 two-hour webinars. The synchronous sessions include individual exercises, group exercises, trainer-led discussion, and role playing. Outside of these sessions, there is homework, which involves readings, reflections, and skills practice.
It should be noted that taking this training does not guarantee everyone an automatic “pass”. Participants are evaluated by the trainers, and the outcomes can range from “Incomplete” to “Level 1”, “Level 1R” and eventually earning “OPDI Certified Peer Supporter”.
Level 1 means the person attended and participated fully in the training and is deemed at this point appropriate to deliver an informal friendship style of peer support within supervised settings that would correspond with the first three categories in the Mental Health Commission of Canada’s Continuum of Peer Support, up to and including a C/SI or PSO.
Level 1R means that the trainers are of the opinion that the participant may be ready to work in a more formalized setting and are recommending that they proceed to an internship or practicum in which they deliver 50 hours of person-to-person support which is monitored and evaluated. It is not mandatory to do the practicum, but it is necessary for those who wish to earn the OPDI Certified Peer Supporter certificate.
- All required training materials
- A signed document stating your achievement, mailed to the address you provide
- Post training support to meet conditions should trainers set any for elevating result from 1 to 1R
- Standing invitation to a webinar on internship requirements/process (for interested 1Rs)
- OPDI staff support of your internship, consisting of approval of internship plan or suggestions to strengthen it
- Monitoring of your internship reports and evaluations filed at five intervals
- Troubleshooting help
* If you have any accessibility requirements for our training, please contact Kiki Chang at 1-866-681-6661 ext 4 or email@example.com
No-shows cannot be refunded.